Saturday 2 July 2016

THE DEAR JANE PROJECT: BRINGING PEOPLE TOGETHER ONE STORY AT THE TIME



My name is Gabrielle, and I am entering my third year of university. I am studying Honors English Literature and Psychology. I have always been passionate about stories. I always try to look for the next best book that I can devour. One of my favourite authors is Jane Austen. Her works stuck with me for years, and have even influenced my choices of study. Her characters were like good friends, and she was someone that meant so much to me even though I never met her. There are so many things I can say about Austen and so many reasons why I love her works, and his inspired me to start a project that will, hopefully, reach many more Janeites. My project is called The Dear Jane Project, and I am very excited to share it with you.

My friends have heard me countless times recite how Jane Austen has affected my life. I love sharing my thoughts and feelings with those around me. I wished I could share my stories with other people who were affected by Austen the same way that I had. That is why I created this project. It is a collaborative blog in which people can send a text they write describing the ways Jane Austen have affected them on a personal level. When submissions are send to the email, I will upload them to the website for everyone to read. I only put the person’s initials and the country they are living in so that we may see and meet different Austen enthusiasts from around the world.


The email to submit a post is dearjaneproject@gmail.com


I hope to bring this project to many people around the world as a platform for sharing the devotion and love we feel towards one of English language’s most beloved authors.


Thank you for reading my post, and I hope to read your stories soon! 

Gabrielle


Gabrielle Lesage is an Honours English Literature and Psychology student at Bishop’s University. She has been passionate about Jane Austen since high school. She will be writing her honours thesis on Austen in the upcoming school year. She loves reading, writing, and getting to know people’s stories.

2 comments:

J "Joy" Dawn King said...

What a wonderful opportunity to share upbuilding comments about something we have in common. I wish you the best for your project, Gabrielle.

dstoutholcomb said...

wonderful project!

denise